Healthcare and pharmaceutical labels
Consumption rates for pharmaceuticals and food supplements are on the rise globally. This has also fueled the potential for misuse, unintended overdosing, counterfeiting and other illegal activities that could potentially be life-threatening on pharmaceutical labels.
For better consumer protection, the Food Safety Authorities (FSA) in many countries are imposing more stringent measures, which includes more informative and responsible labeling.
Digital printing can help you keep pace with this progressing initiative.
- Respond quickly with up to date packaging content that comply with local FSA labeling guidelines. Reducing risks of negligence on pharmceutical labels.
- Remove the need to manage obsolete pre-printed labels resulting from any new regulatory change. Reducing waste.
- Eliminate costly product recall resulting from incorrect pre-printed pharmaceutical labels.
Improve the presentation of your labels
- Print sharper texts and graphical elements to enhance instructional clarity.
- Incorporate printable security feature – Unique Anti-Counterfeit coded information (e.g. CFDA eCode1) on each label.
VIPColor can help you develop a printing solution that is cost effective and efficient. Please contact us to find out how you can save cost and improve your productivity at the same time.
1CFDA (China Food and Drug Administration) requires a printed 1D linear barcode on both pharmaceuticals and traditional Chinese medicines. The CFDA assigns unique product identities or ‘eCodes’ to packaging units, verified through Drug Electronic Supervision system. The printed eCode contains both machine and human readable elements. The code format is a 128C barcode with a 20-digit serial number containing nine-digital government issued serialised number.