Print durable labels that comply with GHS/CLP/BS 5609 Hazardous Chemical warning label standards.
GHS or Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals is a system for harmonizing hazard classification criteria and chemical communication elements worldwide. GHS is not a regulation but it offers guidance for classifying and labelling hazardous chemicals widely understood to protect human health and the environment.
Since 2009, many countries have gradually adopted GHS guidelines for labelling chemicals which comprises of
- GHS pictograms
- Clear text warnings of hazards, prevention and response actions in case of exposure or an emergency.
Digital color label printers can help with chemical drum labels (which requires BS 5609 compliant for maritime shipment) and is useful for labelling repackaged (or bulk repack to smaller) chemical containers for distribution.
In general, the benefits of printing digitally includes,
Eliminating pre-printed labels
- Save on managing inventory and wastage (obsolete labels). With digital printing, simplify your stockpile with just a few formats of blank label stocks.
- Reduce time taken to search and select the correct label, especially if you have hundreds of stock keeping units (SKUs).
- Eliminate potentially costly product recall caused by incorrectly printed labels (that is not compliant with the regulatory/safety requirements of the import country).
Improve your productivity and efficiency
- Print on demand in exact quantity whenever needed.
- No time consuming setup & calibration required. Print your labels with variable data (e.g. stamp date) in one step.
- Unlike laser printers, our inkjet printers do not require cool down periods during continuous printing. This leads to less disruptions to your production.
Print durable labels that can last for months outdoors and withstand the harsh maritime condition
- Use our VP495 with advanced durable pigment-ink technology to produce long-lasting labels. The VP495 is BS 5609 certified, making it suitable as a GHS drum label printer that adhere to the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (MDG) requirements.
Please contact us to find out how you can save cost and improve your productivity at the same time.
Reference: Learn about GHS and implementation timeline from Singapore WSH (Workplace Safety and Health) Council